First, you have to understand that being smart is more than having born with good looks. Being attractive has more to do with the way how you carry yourself.
This means that if you want to start improving your appearance you have to:
- Start paying attention to your grooming
- Start exercising your body to be in good shape
- Start paying attention to your clothing and your hairstyle
- Start building your self-confidence and personality.
All these things can literally transform your appearance in ways you didn’t thought possible.
Pay Attention To Your Grooming
Imagine a guy come to your room untidy. What will your first impression? The fact is that just with the looks we start to give that person rate, right? When you are shopping for a cool shirt, you won’t buy the one dirty and odd looking, you will go for the one that is well presented and well manufactured.
Male grooming is very important, because it reflects your personality, especially to women. If you care enough to maintain hygiene and keep yourself clean and smelling good, they start thinking: “Wow, if he’s taking good care of himself, he may as well be good in taking good care of other people”. Your skinny physics then overlooked.
You don’t have to be high maintenance, but you gotta have at least the basics covered. Here are some points to remember:
- Shave your face properly and take into account your skin type too. This is important because not every skin care product out there suits everyone. In fact, all of them specify the type of skin they cater too.
- Use a good deodorant
- Keep hairstyle according to your face type. Select the appropriate shampoo and conditioner according to your hair texture.
- Keep your breath fresh
- Keep your skin moist at all times. Don’t let your skin get dry. Dryness causes the outer layer of your skin to break, leading to a rough and unattractive appearance.
Take Care Of Your Physique
Maybe one of the important areas you have to take in mind if you really want to change the way you look and improve your appearance.
Good physiques don’t just happen – they take hard work, regular workouts, a healthy diet, and a solid commitment. How you can achieve that? Here are some general tips for you to get started:
- Go to gym and do some exercise. There’s nothing attractive or sexy about being overweight or underweight either! A muscular and athletic build is very desirable. A healthy and muscular body will make you look and feel strong and add to your confidence levels.
- Eat right. Some of the things you can eat are vegetables, fruits, dairy products, high-protein (eggs, skim milk, lean red meat, and seafood), carbs (whole grains, brown rice), a certain amount of healthy unsaturated fats (nuts, avocados, olives) and so on.
- Drink a lot of water; make sure to consume around 8 glasses of water everyday. Water helps to increase your muscles and also helps to keep your skin appearing fresh and supple.
- Get plenty of sleep as this has many instant benefits. Your muscles actually grow OUT of the gym while you are eating and resting and not IN the gym. So proper sleep will allow for their optimal recovery and will ensure that they have ample time to repair and rebuild themselves. Having enough sleep increases your energy, keeps you mentally sharp and helps with your appearance and metabolism.
Have a Personal Style
The way you dress really speaks a lot of you. Wearing the right clothes can really add points to your overall look, (making you more attractive and giving you certain “status” in front of other); or in the other hand, no matter how brilliant, witty or friendly you might be, people will assume the opposite if you’re not well dressed.
To look your best, you must know which body type you have and dress accordingly to it. The clothes you wear must highlight your features and hide your flaws.
One thing to remember: Don’t think that wearing expensive clothes will necessarily make you look good, they won’t if they don’t go with your body type.
Some general tips for thin people should keep remember about dressing:
- Use horizontal stripes to bulk you up a bit. A single, large horizontal stripe across your chest can be particularly flattering because it will make your shoulders appear broader and will make you look like you have been going to the gym.
- Men’s clothes that have large prints such as check shirts (with large checks) can look great on you. That’s because a big print casual shirt adds volume to the attire toning down the height.
- Choose lighter colors (whites, creams, light blues, light grays, and pastels), they will make you appear slightly larger and help to visually bulk you up a bit.
- If you’re NOT very tall Use dark solid colors, especially black since they visually lengthen the body. The same applies to light or medium-weight fabrics because heavier fabrics tend to make you look bulkier and shorter.
Your personality actually matters A LOT more than your physical looks. So, having self-confidence is an important thing to develop in order to be handsome.
Your self-confidence is expressed through dominant, confident posture and walk, strong and secure eye contact, and through your smile. Your external appearance is roughly a projection of your self-image and beliefs.
Good-looking people KNOW they’re good-looking and a lot of confidence stems from that. And confidence is absolutely crucial in so many areas of life. It’s not something you can artificially create.
Here are some tips that can boost your self-esteem and build your self-confidence although your are skinny:
- Be yourself. Your body is just one part of who you are – along with your talent for comedy, a quick wit, or all the other things that make you unique. Your talents, skills, and beliefs are just as much a part of you as the casing they come in. So try not to let minor imperfections take over.
- Maintain a good posture. Sit up, walk and stand straight. Avoid hunching, leaning forward and stumbling. A good posture can enhance your personality and make you look appealing.
- Smile. The BEST thing you can do is look “inviting”. And there’s no better “invitation” than a smile. It’s not too much what you put ON your face; it’s what comes FROM your face that girls notice. A nice, clean, confident looking guy who smiles like he’s glad to see you, -is a “babe magnet”. Look “interested” & you’ll BE interesting… -It’s as simple as that.
Finally, you can’t change your skinny physique over a night. Proper exercise, diet and rest will make you more good looking. While you are bulking phase, strive to look your best, be yourself and have fun!
So Tell Me, What can you do to improve your Appearance?