If you wanna get strong and huge, doing things small will not get you there. You have to lift big like a monster. Eat big like a beast. And gain strength like something beyond human. With those two combined you’ll get huge.
The trinity formula for muscle building is straightforward but needs one’s full commitment for it to work. One thing is for sure though; it will guarantee success if we follow it to the dot!
Let’s take a look at exactly what we should do…
1# LIFT BIG
- Join a gym or build a decent one at home.
- Follow a basic program with compound lift, like Stronglifts 5×5…
- Commit and stick to the program, and we do not quit because it is all over if we do.
- Train to overload one’s muscles and add more weight as we go.
- Do not overtrain. (A good program will see to that).
- Keep a workout log to track and measure progress (this will keep motivation levels up!)
2# EAT BIG
- Eat food every 2-3 hours; this means 6-8 small meals/snacks a day.
- Increase serving size little by little over time. Too much at once is like putting too much wood on a fire; it will get messed up instead of growing bigger and more fierce!
- Eat clean and healthy. This means steaks, eggs, fish, chicken, vegetables, cheese, avocados, fruit & berries, nuts, water, fatty oils (omega 3, olive oil, flax), oats, milk, brown rice, cottage cheese…
- Never overeat: If we eat until we are ready to throw up or feel terribly sleepy afterwards, it is a sure sign that we have had too much. It also means that we will not be able to eat properly again in the next 3 hours.
- Keep a food log to track daily food intake to get an idea of how much more or less food we need.
3# REST BIG
- We make sure to get 8 hours of sleep every night. If we cannot do it, we compensate by going for a 20-30 minute nap during the day. This will boost testosterone naturally.
- Make sure to get full recovery before the next workout otherwise we will be at risk of overtraining, and thus taking a step backward.
- Avoid negative stress. If there is much negative stress in one’s life the body releases cortisol, and testosterone levels drop. (We need testosterone to be able to lift big.)
So, if you’ve had trouble building muscle despite regular weightlifting, eat big and lift big, and you’ll get big.