Bodybuilding Anatomy by Dr. Nick Evans [Orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and is a highly regarded authority on strength training, nutrition, and weight-training injuries] is an excellent reference guide to people wanting to take over their workouts. Simple language and beautiful illustrations will provide you the required information to know how to move yourself when performing an exercise, what you can vary, how and what to avoid.
Some Good Feature of this Book
- Each exercise is clearly illustrated with color to show the precise muscles being trained.
- Chaptered by body part with an index by exercise.
- Some chapters show relationship between muscle and bone, Eg: arms,chest.
- Some chapters show impact of varying your foot position, eg:upper and lower legs.
- Variations of each exercise are offered. Clear, straight-forward, not over-whelmed with too much informative but confusing detail.
Sample Chapters to Read from Bodybuilding Anatomy
Like to have eBook version of this book?
Simply enter your email address and the download link will be sent right to your inbox.
If you are new to weight lifting and want to learn about grip positioning on machines and barbells and how it makes a difference, then this book is recommend. It has helpful illustrations and each exercise is explained in an easy to understand format.
Though it does not go into in-depth about muscle anatomy but it’s sufficient information for beginners and intermediate lifters who don’t want or need too much detail. If you want more in-depth anatomy information, Strength Training Anatomy by Frederic Delavier is highly recommended.